“Imagination is a tortuous path of possibilities where at the end the possible becomes reality”
Curriculum Vitae: Ludwig Maximilian Stoffel
- Born 06.05.1946 in Straubing / Bavaria, Germany
- Independent businessman;
management of food wholesale company founded in 1905
- From 1971
- Development of a food supermarket chain
- Since 1978
- Development of real estate group for commercial real estate
in Germany and abroad: STOFFEL Holding GmbH
- From 1993
- Associate of Ski Völkl International
- Move and company relocation to Berlin
Building of Europäisches Haus at the Pariser Platz, Berlin
- Marriage to Giovanna Stefanel
- STOFANEL Investment AG established
- 50% Stoffel Holding GmbH – 50% Giovanna Stefanel-Stoffel
- Development of high quality residential and
commercial real estate
- Current investment volume in Berlin: ca. EUR 250 million
- Development of international resorts f. ex. in Venice
- Chairman of Supervisory Board of STOFANEL Investment AG
- Daughter Veronika Stoffel born
- 3. place in the Powder Skiing World Championships
- Since 1992
- Board of Directors, Sparkasse Niederbayern Mitte
- Since 1992
- Honorary President TSV 1861 Straubing e.V.
- Holder of citizen’s medal for special services
for the city of Wilhelmshaven
- Established Stoffel Family Foundation
- Charitable association for social awareness and culture
- Since 2002
- Principal shareholder Straubing Tigers AG;
Premier League DEL Ice Hockey
- Since 2005
- Ambassador of Lower Bavaria
- Since 2011
- Member of the Rotary-Club Berlin
- Since 2012
- Sponsor of Stiftung Zukunft Berlin
- Various supervisory board mandates
Download Vitae Ludwig Maximilian Stoffel
Interview with Ludwig Maximilian Stoffel
What was the motivation to create Stofanel?
Stofanel was created because we wanted to do something special, something unique. The real estate business is something that like everything is always growing, always changing, so without new ideas there is no development. As in every area, you have to improve.
Also, I wanted to have my wife talking to me about interesting things. Like a farmer talking to his wife: are we harvesting today or tomorrow? What’s the weather like? What’s the price for potatoes next year? Are we breeding sheep or horses?
Two people came together and this is fortunate, because these two people want to create something special. I couldn’t create Stofanel without Giovanna: I think a family should work together - it keeps it interesting.
What is German reliability?
The Germans are famous for being on time, being reliable. But what are the Germans missing? An easy-going lifestyle. Why do the Germans go to Italy, wear Italian clothes, drink Italian wine? Because they’re not sure of their taste. The Germans usually don’t know what is really trendy, what is fashionable. The Italians are so sure: from clothes to glasses, from decoration to cars. They made Ferrari - however, a Mercedes is also nice because you have no problems with it.
If you buy from a reliable, German real estate company that has experience, that has a name, that has tradition, you can be sure that you have something with quality. That everything is delivered on time. We are a company with 100 years tradition. Three generations of experience in the German way of doing business.
When you buy a house you want it to last for hundreds of years, for eternity, to have it for the children, the grandchildren. This is the basic idea: safety, security. But when you look into most apartment buildings – what do you see? Ugly things without any feeling: a house, stones. Combine this practicality with Italian atmosphere, lifestyle, the details, the loving details… We want to create something that gives you all the quality you can dream of. We will create the difference - something that we can be proud of, and something that the people who buy can be proud of. Whatever we do, we’ll only do it if the location is unique, if the architecture is special, with the best architects for every project. We care for our buyers – we give them quality: quality of building and quality of life.